Monday 19 July 2010

Hampton Court Flower Show

With my move from Grace & Tailor to By Appointment Only Design, where I will be providing a bespoke wedding consultancy service to brides and engaged couples, knowing about seasonal flora, shapes, colours and scents will be imperative for me. Last week I managed to get out of the busy studio for a lovely afternoon at Hampton Court Flower Show, with my green-fingered mum!

It started out as a rather stressful journey, battling against the flow of busy flower goers trying to exit the show at 3pm with carts of plants and garden treats. Once inside, the first and most important stop had to be the ice-cream van: 2 Soleros please! One Solero down and I was now ready to be wowed, inspired and impressed by the biggest and best blooms our nation has to offer.



Vintage design and styling was everywhere... from the quirky re-use of furniture used to create versatile and sustainable stands to vintage jelly moulds filled with citronella scented candle wax. Not to mention the vintage tent which was filled with small decorated areas designed by different nurseries and boutiques. These were incredible, individual works of art with many of them based around traditional childhood narratives including Alice in Wonderland, and historical figures. Hopefully you can see from these pictures how mesmerising these were... I love the moss teapot and cactus garden chair!











If you didn't make it this year, it's definitely one to put in your diary for next year... I think I'll go on Sunday next time, which is the final day of the show, to take full advantage of the final knockdown prices!
I hope you've enjoyed the pictures and they've provided you with some inspiration.

Happy Monday to all! :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment